- Satan is the “god of this world” and the “ruler of this world,” reflecting his tremendous power and influence over the earth – 2 Corinthians 4:4; John 12:31
- However, he has limits. He is not all-powerful, all-knowing, or omniscient. In fact, he is severely limited to only what his Creator allows him to do.
- How does he then do all that he does? The Bible indicates that he has under his direction a large number of other spiritual beings, variously identified in Scripture as “his angels” (Matthew 25:41), “demons” (Mark 3:22), “evil spirits” and more!
- As with the angels and Satan, we are quite limited in what the Holy Spirit has chosen to reveal to us concerning these beings associated with the devil. I accept that there is quite a bit of room for different opinions and views even within the limited documentation and teaching we have in the Bible on this topic. What I present here is what I presently believe the Scriptures teach.
- Some religions and media just confuse this subject with movies, TV shows, faith healings, exorcisms, sensationalist books, etc.